Togo and Ghana have promised to permanently open their land bordersÉcrit par © Afreepress
©Afreepress-(Lomé, Aug. 2nd, 2017)- This decision was enforced by the Togolese and Ghanaian governments because of the good relations between the two countries. The decision was taken to ensure free movement of citizens on both sides and to shoot up or increase trade between Togo and Ghana.
The information was announced by Payadoma Boukpessi, The Minister of Territorial Administration, Decentralization and Local Authorities, in his statement. He said that the land border whose opening had a limitation, will now be accessible 24 hours from the 31st of July, in order to ensure the free movement of people and trade between the two countries.
He added that this decision is as a result of the warm relationship between the two countries, since the President of Ghana visited Togo on the 3rd and 4th of May and after the meeting at Accra (The 4th session of Grand-joint Commission Togo-Ghana) which took place on the 25th to 27th July.
Minister Boukpessi concluded by urging all Border user, customs and security personnel to comply exactly with the ECOWAS regulations on the free movement.
Latest from © Afreepress
- Togo : Situation tendue mercredi dans plusieurs quartiers de Lomé
- Le Secrétaire général du Groupe des Etats d’Afrique en séjour à Lomé
- Sokodé : Le gouvernement déplore « l’exécution » de deux militaires et la mort d'un manifestant
- INDEPENDANT EXPRESS N°428 DU MARDI 15 OCTOBRE 2017
- Sokodé : L’arrestation d’un imam met le feu aux poudres : Le ministre de la Sécurité s’explique