Togo and Ghana have promised to permanently open their land bordersÉcrit par © Afreepress
©Afreepress-(Lomé, Aug. 2nd, 2017)- This decision was enforced by the Togolese and Ghanaian governments because of the good relations between the two countries. The decision was taken to ensure free movement of citizens on both sides and to shoot up or increase trade between Togo and Ghana.
The information was announced by Payadoma Boukpessi, The Minister of Territorial Administration, Decentralization and Local Authorities, in his statement. He said that the land border whose opening had a limitation, will now be accessible 24 hours from the 31st of July, in order to ensure the free movement of people and trade between the two countries.
He added that this decision is as a result of the warm relationship between the two countries, since the President of Ghana visited Togo on the 3rd and 4th of May and after the meeting at Accra (The 4th session of Grand-joint Commission Togo-Ghana) which took place on the 25th to 27th July.
Minister Boukpessi concluded by urging all Border user, customs and security personnel to comply exactly with the ECOWAS regulations on the free movement.
Latest from © Afreepress
- Attaque terroriste : Komi Sélom Klassou, le messager du président en exercice de la CEDEAO au Burkina Faso
- L’ONG Panafrica en tournée en Afriques de l’Ouest pour des actions humanitaire
- Bilan officiel de la Marche du PNP : Plusieurs armes et munitions emportées, deux morts et des blessés
- Marche du PNP : Tirs de grenades lacrymogènes et dispersion des premiers manifestants
- Marche du PNP : Ce qu'en disent le CAR, le groupe des 6 et le NET