Permanent opening of the border between Togo and Ghana: Faure Gnassingbé expresses his joyÉcrit par © Afreepress
©Afreepress-(Lomé, Aug. 3, 2017)- The land borders between Togo and Ghana will remain open at all times. This measure was discussed by the two countries at the occasion of the 4th session of the Joint Working Commission, which was held in Accra from 27th to 28th July, 2017.
The decision was enforced on the 31st of July and announced by the minister of Territorial Administration, Decentralisation and Local Authorities, Payadowa Boukpessi. This is a measure that “delights” the Head of State, Faure Gnassingbe, who thanked his “counterpart Nana Akuffo Addo and the members of the joint commission for this responsible decision.”
“I am delighted and I welcome the permanent opening of the land borders between Togo and Ghana from this day”, he had posted on his twitter page. This 24hours opening, he added, is in line with his vision of an “ECOWAS of people, concerned about the free movement of people and goods”.
It should be remembered that the Head of States of Togo is the current President of ECOWAS and he was elected by his peers at Monrovia, Liberia on the 4th of June.
Latest from © Afreepress
- Attaque terroriste : Komi Sélom Klassou, le messager du président en exercice de la CEDEAO au Burkina Faso
- L’ONG Panafrica en tournée en Afriques de l’Ouest pour des actions humanitaire
- Bilan officiel de la Marche du PNP : Plusieurs armes et munitions emportées, deux morts et des blessés
- Marche du PNP : Tirs de grenades lacrymogènes et dispersion des premiers manifestants
- Marche du PNP : Ce qu'en disent le CAR, le groupe des 6 et le NET