Electrification: Takpapièni has got electricity thanks to a photovoltaic power plant inaugurated by the Head of State.Écrit par © Afreepress
©Afreepress-(Lomé, 07th march 2018)- The President of the Republic, Faure Gnassingbé, has on Tuesday 06th March 2018 inaugurated a small new photovoltaic power plant in Oti district (the Savana Region). It was during a solemn ceremony at which lots of the State personalities and cabinet members such as the Minister of Grassroot Development, Mme Victoire Tomégah-Dogbé, that of Mine and Power, M. Marc Ably-Bidamon, the former National Assembly Chairman, Fambaré Wattara Natchaba as well as the administrative and traditional authorities of the region took part.
The new power plant inaugurated by the President has a capacity of 100Kwc and is endowed with a low tension (LT) dispatching network of 8 km equipped with 80 public street lamps and with connection power breaks for the clients.
It is finance to the level of 2 billions cfa.
As for the Minister of Mines and Power the building of this power plant fits the government ambition to raise the rural electrification rate to 40% up to 2022.
The project has been achieved thanks to the financial support of the West African Economic Monetary Union (WAEMU). It is within the feamework of the Regional Development and Renewable Powers and of Power Efficiency(RDRPPE).
Komlan AGBOSSOUMONDÉ (Translator)
Latest from © Afreepress
- Economie : L'Assemblée Nationale adopte la loi de finances rectificatives gestion 2018
- PNUD : Damien MAMA présente ses lettres de créance au Chef de l'État, Faure Gnassingbé
- La rentrée scolaire pour l'année académique 2018-2019 est ramenée au 24 septembre prochain
- Les Gestionnaires des ressources humaines rassemblés en association pour valoriser leur fonction au Togo
- L'EVEIL de la nation N°565 du vendredi 22 juin 2018