Meeting between Nana Akufo Addo and the Togo political parties in Accra : Towards the resumption of Togolese dialogÉcrit par © Afreepress
©Afreepress-(Lomé, March 08, 2018)- To the invitation of Ghana President, facilitator in the Togolese crisis, a delegation of the opposition party and the government went to Accra in Ghana on 07 March, 2018. According to Ghana web site information www.graphic.com.gh, discussions between the facilitator and his guests were “fruitful”. At this occasion, reports this newspaper, the President, Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo, reminded the two parties, the “necessity to keep open the door of the dialog what for him, is highly important”.
“I am not sure that you look for your country to be destabilized and the confrontation what will lead to a prolonged crisis and difficulties to Togo”, he told them and advise them to be moderated in speeches and positions. It is important, he insisted that the parties should not come to the dialog with settled positions, he added.
Nana Akufo Addo regretted, according to the site graphic.com.gh, the long lack of discussions and first contact period between the actors of Togolese crisis, what, he insisted, does not allow the progress of the cause of peace and the fast settlement of the difficult situation Togo has been living for some months.
All the parties that took part in the dialog promised to get engaged in the dialog process and to work for peace and quiet to be back in the country in order to allow economy to take off again.
According to the Minister of Security of Ghana, Albert Kan Dapaah, the parties agreed with the resumption of the discussions to a date that will be set.
AGBOSSOUMONDÉ Képhas, translator (00228 90 39 58 85)
Latest from © Afreepress
- Lutte contre le SIDA : Les étudiants de l’Université de Lomé sensibilisés par l'ONG RAPAA
- Elections législatives : Jocelyne Sodji du PDP confiante de remporter la victoire dans le Grand Lomé
- L'UFC à Sagbado prêche pour une société de « tolérance » où la « politique se fait de manière civile et courtoise »
- Élection du 20 décembre 2018 : Des observateurs de la société civile africaine au Togo pour superviser le processus
- Législatives 2018 : Le parti CLE termine en beauté sa campagne