Meeting between Nana Akufo Addo and the Togo political parties in Accra : Towards the resumption of Togolese dialogÉcrit par © Afreepress
©Afreepress-(Lomé, March 08, 2018)- To the invitation of Ghana President, facilitator in the Togolese crisis, a delegation of the opposition party and the government went to Accra in Ghana on 07 March, 2018. According to Ghana web site information www.graphic.com.gh, discussions between the facilitator and his guests were “fruitful”. At this occasion, reports this newspaper, the President, Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo, reminded the two parties, the “necessity to keep open the door of the dialog what for him, is highly important”.
“I am not sure that you look for your country to be destabilized and the confrontation what will lead to a prolonged crisis and difficulties to Togo”, he told them and advise them to be moderated in speeches and positions. It is important, he insisted that the parties should not come to the dialog with settled positions, he added.
Nana Akufo Addo regretted, according to the site graphic.com.gh, the long lack of discussions and first contact period between the actors of Togolese crisis, what, he insisted, does not allow the progress of the cause of peace and the fast settlement of the difficult situation Togo has been living for some months.
All the parties that took part in the dialog promised to get engaged in the dialog process and to work for peace and quiet to be back in the country in order to allow economy to take off again.
According to the Minister of Security of Ghana, Albert Kan Dapaah, the parties agreed with the resumption of the discussions to a date that will be set.
AGBOSSOUMONDÉ Képhas, translator (00228 90 39 58 85)
Latest from © Afreepress
- Opérationnalisation de la FOSE 2018 : Des formateurs bientôt aptes à former les 8000 agents de la police et la gendarmerie
- 18ème édition des Journées scientifiques internationales : Plus de 17 pays attendus à Lomé
- Université de Lomé : Des doctorants plaident pour des meilleures conditions d’études et de vie
- Interview de Me Mouhamed Tchassona Traoré : « Il faut que la population togolaise se mobilise pour aller accomplir ce recensement et obtenir les cartes d’électeur… »
- RDC : L’opposant congolais Jean-Pierre Bemba amendé par la CPI