Security: More than 250 Police Officials are Included in the National Police ForceÉcrit par © Afreepress
©Afreepress-(Lomé January the 30th)- During a graduation ceremony on the 29th of January, 255 commissioners and officers of the police have received their epaulets. They were officially incorporated in the National Police force. The ceremony was held 35 km north of Lomé, at the National Police Academy in Davié. Led by the minister of security and civil protection, Général Yark Damehane.
The academy was inaugurated in 2016, by Général Gnassingbé Eyadéma.
This is the first group, existing of 108 commissioners and 146 officers, that has graduated the new National Police Academy. These new police officials have followed a two year multidisciplinary program. According to minister of Security and Civil protection, this new force strengthens the foundation of law enforcement and therefore the security of the country. He took the opportunity to emphasis the new servants of the state, that self-sacrifice, discipline and respect for the state are necessary to effectively ensure their mission of peace, security and stability in the nation.
The national police academy of Davié was opened on the 8th of December 2016, by the Togolese government supported by a delegation of the European Union.
Translated by Dzifa G.
Latest from © Afreepress
- L'Ambassadeur d’Allemagne au Togo, Christoph Sander reçu par le nouveau ministre de la Culture et du Tourisme
- Le débat sur le F CFA n'est pas du goût du président du groupe parlementaire UFC, ALIPUI Senanu Kokou
- Terrorisme et crime organisé au centre d'une rencontre entre le Président Faure Gnassingbé et ses pairs à Accra
- Sommet sur la pédophilie au Vatican : L'église catholique décidée à s'attaquer au problème
- Recomposition de la CENI : Incompréhensions et déchirures entre les partis de l'opposition représentés à l'Assemblée nationale