President Faure Gnassingbé's message to Winnie Mandela's family: “Africa has lost a great icon of fight for people's freedom and right”Écrit par © Afreepress
©Afreepress-(Lomé April 04, 2018)-The death on Monday April 02, 2018 of Winnie Madikizela-Mandels, icon of the fight against Apartheid in South Africa, saddens the whole world as well as Togo.
In condolences message published on his Twitter account, the President of Togo, Faure Gnassingbé wondered “he was saddened" by the death of Winnie Mandela what according to him, is a great loss for the African continent.
“Africa has lost a great icon of the fight for people's freedom and right to go against alienation. All our condolences to the rainbow nation and to the family of the famous deceased. I must express my deep compassion and that of my countrymen, to the people of South Africa in tears by the disappearance of Mme Winnie Madikizela-Mandela”, he published.
The announcement about the death of Nelson Mandela's wife has been done on Monday by her family who informs that she succumbed of a long sickness.
AGBOSSOUMONDE K. Translator (90 39 58 85).
Latest from © Afreepress
- Togo/ Ouverture de la 2ème édition du Salon International Etudes et Formations
- Inauguration du Centre d’Enfouissement Technique d’Aképé : Enfin une solution pour la lutte contre les dépotoirs sauvages protection de l’environnement
- Le Togo et le Maroc redynamisent leur coopération à travers l'OFPPT
- Mise en œuvre du PND : Le Togo et l’Allemagne en consultations
- Manifestation : La coalition dénonce la « démobilisation » de ses militants par le pouvoir