Politics: Archbishop Kpodzro, Delivers messages from prisoner Kpatcha Gnassingbé to the president, his brother Faure GnassingbéÉcrit par © Afreepress
©AfreePress-(Lomé, 12 of febuary 2019)- On the 8th of February, the archbishop Philipe Fanoko Kpodzro, visited the half-brother of president Gnassingbé in prison in Lomé. Kpatcha Gnassingbé has been in prison since 2009, he was suspected of planning a coup to overthrow his brother. He was the former minister of defense, who was arrested while seeking asylum at the embassy of the United States.
The archbishop requested an interview with Kpatcha in which ‘’he spoke to him as a Christian speaks to his pastor’’ he stated after his visit.
Kpodzro sees it has his duty to do help political prisoners in Togo. He continues to use his positon to fight for the release of political prisoners, such as Kpatcha Gnassingbé. To fulfill his duty as an archbishop, he called the president a few days ago to discuss the possibility of presidential pardon to political prisoners and his brother. This presidential pardon has already been granted to 40 political prisoners.
Translated by Dzifa Gomashie
Latest from © Afreepress
- Lancement officiel de la campagne « Aux Filles l’Égalité » de Plan International Togo
- Togo : Pose de la première pierre de l'hôpital Saint Pérégrin d'Agoè-Nyivé par le President Faure GNASSINGBÉ
- MCC : Le Togo bénéficie de 35 millions de dollars US
- LIBERTE N°2860 DU VENDREDI 15 FEVRIER 2019
- Droits de l’Homme : La FIACAT et l’ACAT-Togo exigent de nouveaux membres à la CNDH